Monday, August 22, 2011

A Day in the Life–6:24 AM, Monday August 22……Of Dreams and Things


So it’s late when I finally am able to go to sleep on Sunday night.  But what the heck.  About four hours of good sleep and I’m ready to go.

Unfortunately, dreams and things sometimes have a way of interfering with the best laid plans of unknown bloggers.  The dream I partially remember.  It had something to do with Honorable No. 2 Son when he was little, and myself.  We were at a movie theater, and we were going to watch a new version of King Kong.  I had already scene it.  But this version surpassed anything you’ve seen in real life.

In this one, Kong actually jumps out of the screen.  But it’s okay because it’s just a mechanical Kong who goes berserk inside the theater.  This Kong is reminiscent of the one that used to be on the tour of Universal Studios before somebody set a match to him and burned his furry ass up.

So in the dream, I take my son to the theater, since I’ve already experienced this myself.  We want to find us some good seats so we can get a good look at all the action.  I’m sure the theater was one from my past, probably the old Laroy were I spent a lot of time as a child.  We find our seats in row eleven, which probably also has some significance, and then I wake up, my legs feeling like dead weights and my arms and hands in their usual numb state.  It is, 4:30 AM. 

There is still time to get some sleep if I can doze off.  But between the feet, the ankles, and the arms, it’s impossible.  If I had taken my meds, it would have helped all that and I would have slept.  But I have to wake up by 7:00, and when I take the Neurontin and the Vicatin that late (or that early) then it’s difficult to get going.  On several occasions I have kept right on sleeping, just waking up long enough to call work to either tell them I won’t be in or that I’ll be late.  So I struggle on without it, in a state of exhaustion.  But it soon becomes apparent that I will not be sleeping anymore.  So at 6:24 AM, I finally give up.

So I will go into work.  I need to take my medication, or I’ll be in bad pain about halfway through the day.  As it is, I’ll be exhausted all day if I don’t take the meds.  If I take them, I’ll be hard pressed not to doze off at my desk.   If it weren’t for the fact that because of all this medical nonsense, I’ve used up a good portion of my sick day and vacation days, I would just call in. But then again, if I did that, then The Girlfriend would bitch, moan, and groan about me missing work again.  Something she’s already doing this morning because of an unlocked door.  I really don’t want to hear about it.  A man’s home is not his castle.

So I’ll take the meds and hope for the best, and probably get the worst.  But that’s a day in the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment